Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday fun in Austin.

This weekend was spent with the dogs outside. There really is no shortage of things to do, and almost anything outdoors is dog friendly.

We started off  with a romp in the park, and a return to Opal Devines downtown. They mix one hell of a bloody Mary, w homemade mix, a bit spicy and a heavy pour... The brunch  menu was incredible,  I got a tex mex egg concoction, that was just perfect With the bloody Mary, while no one picked up the tab this time, the dogs were quite a conversation piece as usual.

We then headed to the river to take in the "Dragon boat festival." This is a rowing boat race and Asian cultural event. I cheered some of the boat teams on. And met some of their family's. We then took in some acts on the stage and enjoyed the colorful presentations of  martial arts, folk dance, and a Asian American folk group of 2 high scool kids that was darn impressive.
The humidity and bugs drove me and the dogs back to the car and back to the air conditioning by mid afternoon.

We regrouped and headed to the neighborhood called "SoCo" or south congress. After finding thos area, I fell on love and was back almost every day.

The musician couple we met at zilker park the week earlier told me that the young lady would play a gig at Gueros tacos, and I wanted to keep my word and show up. Yet again, just an awesome time!! The taco place has converted the lot next door to an outdoor party cantina, it was full!!

I met the family of the lead singer, and the drinks were flowing, the tacos were made fresh to order and carved right into the warm tortillas in front of you, very primo.

The dogs made many friends, and the lovely bass player was appreciative that I showed up, and several young men were disappointed when I mentioned I had met her husband. I did not get the bands name, but a great set of classic rock, everyone loved em! What a great time,  I really wish I'd remember many of the people's names, but you know who you are, and Thanks.














No comments:

Post a Comment