Wednesday, May 1, 2013

An evening of fine dining in Austin.

So mid day Tuesday, after having a rough time with some work stuff, I decided to treat myself to a fine meal that night, and change it up from my usual texas BBQ, and taco choices...

I had gotten a suggestion on a place that allows dogs while on the park, and was told the risotto was really good. I looked it up, and put it in the GPS... The dogs had a romp at the dog park and we headed to "Paggi House" near the river in Austin. 

This upscale Austin eatery was really nice, an old house, with a huge porchlike deck. They serve seasonal, farm fresh culinary creations. - They also mix a good agave margarita. The service, presentation, plating and food was great, they allowed the dogs on the porch, and served some extra bread to share with them. The food was so good, the dogs were lucky to get the bread!

I chose a seared tuna small plate, and the Risotto. The waiter made a great selection of a white ale from belgium to have with it, as i was not i. A wine mood.  Wow! The quality of this meal was superior to anything i'v had on the first 7 weeks of this journey... I  some cases, you sure get what you pay for! My compliments to the chef, and my thanks to an attentive, and informed staff.  

I'm really glad I got out to this great place, I highly recommended it to any "foodies" in, or visiting Austin.
.





1 comment: