Monday, May 20, 2013

Long, Wet & Windy road to North Carolina...

We are now in North Carolina. We are at a beautiful campground in the rural community of Smithfield, south of Raleigh. It has been raining since last week, with little break.

The ride through the smoky mountains was quite an effort, many hills and inclines, while its not very large mountains compared to 'out west', the roads are windy, somewhat unpredictable, and many spots of construction made for a difficult drive.

I can say I want to look around the Smokey Mountains more in a future trip, I thought Ashville (we pulled off from the rain and wound up staying the night there) was quite interesting and want to visit some sights there. There's quite a bit to do in the Raleigh are, as well, I will take some more time here in the area next spring.

Whats next?...
The I-40 and I-95 meet nearby, and after my visit, I will be heading north toward New Jersey (Where I grew up) to visit my family and friends. I plan to get the rig/house cleaned up, as well as the Doggies. I need to go through the food and supplies and use up and cook some things and make a shopping list. I will also try get out and hike the hills a bit, if the weather clears. I will have the opportunity to meet my HR Manager/ Boss this week, She lives in the area. I'm looking forward to that, as She is the only manager I've had that i never met in person.

Will keep all posted, Thanks for following our Journey...

These poor pups are just so tired of the rain, and really need a bath.



1 comment: