Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Austin City Limits... Live! II Boz Scaggs!

On Friday Night I returned to the Moody Thater for a performance by 70/80/90s Rock and Roll/American Music Icon, Boz Scaggs. Another great night out!

I enjoyed a small plate and a drink downstairs at The Coal Vines, a winebar that is wrthy of a second visit. having left the california wine country of Sonoma county, i will give this place props for haveing one heck of a wine list. I chose beer, as i knew i would have been later and don't like to mix the 2... But i will return again for wine in the future. The food was also really well done, and i'd like to try an entre next time.

Meeting some fun locals, This time  went ustairs to the balcony level, and was enjoying the displays of Photography by Jim Marshall!

The many shots dispalyed are worth a trip in itself, i was told you can take a tour of the venue and see even more.

Opening the show was renowned songwriter, Bill Carter. I was very blown away by his storytelling ability and chordmanship on his guitar. It takes quiet a character and voice to fill that venue and keep everyones attention solo. Bill is famous for writing songs for others like Steve Ray Vaughn, Peter Gabriel, and Billy Gibbons. I really enjoyed the set, and again, would have paid just to see him perform.

Boz's set was really outstanding... his band was premium, with special props the the horn playing fellow, and a bow of respect to the Lady Vocalist, at times she stole the show! The set was alot of new tunes mixed with some of his classics. I was pretty tired after the show from getting up and dancin with the crown so many times.

It was a another great Friday out in Austin, and I really look forward to my return here.

The weekend continued with some outings with locals in 2 other spots in Austin... I'll get the photos togethr and continue the tale in the next few days...


Rob 'n Willie's statue


Famous Rock Photography lines all of the walls!

Bill Carter 

Some of famour Rock photographer, Jim Marshall's belongings.

Boz Skaggs and his band.


 "Lido Shuffle" aka "One for the road"...


1 comment:

  1. Love the Boz! Used to have that 8-track in the house when I was younger. Amazing to see artists having careers that last that long. ACL is one of my favorite shows. It has a rather high priority on the DVR in fact! I must say after hearing about the live shows and free food, I'm feeling a little envious, Ramblin' Rob!

    T.

    ReplyDelete