Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hangin' in Memphis with my little Sis'

So for her Birthday, I offered to have my younger sis, and busy mom of 2 boys, join me on my journey. Much to my initial surprise, she chose Memphis.

I picked her up at Memphis airport on Thursday, and we enjoyed the day running the dogs, getting her first glacé at Beale street, and planning some of our activitys for the days ahead.

We dropped the Dogs at the trailer, and returned to Beale street to tour the Gibson Guitar Factory... What a treat, however, any photos were strictly forbidden, so no pics from inside. (You'll have to go to Memphis to see it)

We got to see the real factory floor where all Gibson hollow body's and semi hollow body's are made. The tour shows the process from blank wood, to layering, gluing, binding, neck and body assembly, routing, paint, and finish. All the Gibson hollows are made here, they have 70 people turn out about 45 a day. No wonder they are so expensive! lol

I also learned that any Guitars fail the quality test, and it's not a simple fix, the entire guitar is shredded and destroyed!! They must preserve the quality of their name, so entire, almost finished guitars are obliterated instead of sold ans seconds, or scratch and dent, etc.. That's Quality!

We the. Went and caught some live music and drinks on Beale before returning to our campsite .
What a Great first day out...







Lots of eye candy in the retail shop, Luckily i don't have enough room for more guitars...

Ohhhhhh!






No comments:

Post a Comment