Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Austin City Limits... Live! The Gipsy Kings...


Following one of the roughest days at work in recent memory, I was able to get a few hours out last Wednesday night.

I headed over to the Moody Theater, the new Home of the longest running Music Television show, "Austin City Limits" . I got a ticket for The Gipsy Kings, and I had a Blast at the Show!

The Theatre is located downtown, across the street from Austin City hall. Its is open air on the sides, and a large, new, digital, well designed theater is within. The venue is on Willie Nelson Blvd. And a large bronze statue greets all visitors as they  begin the stairs to go up to the show.

While some local Austinites made sure to tell me its not the original location, and also to add "its not the same" as the old venue. Well, i have not reference, and I have been to Many, many shows, i will assure all this is a high quality venue, and not a bad seat in the house.

the Gipsy Kings are a Flamenco fuled latin ballad/pop/rock band with a huge internation following. They are actually from france and spain, i believe. The show;s audience was mostly Latino/Latina. I enjoyed the company and conversations with several folks from Mexico, and some drinks with some very cute Latina ladies. That made the show even more fun, and I thank each of them for their time and smiles!

The show was Amazing - not a word in English, all in Spanish , i was taken on a ride!  great latin rytms make your booty move,  sad ballads that make you want to cry, and just an enthusiastic audience, that felt honored at the opportunity to be there. I would see them again anywhere, what a great night, check them out if you can...

Another Item now off my 'bucket list'!










No comments:

Post a Comment