Wednesday, August 7, 2013

On to the burbs of Chi Town.

After Michigan, we went just past Chicago for a visit to some friends northwest of the city.

The traffic and construction was intimidating, and i will save a visit to Chicago itself for another time.

I'm glad we stopped. I was happy to meet up with a friend I had only known on the phone or chat at work. We enjoyed brews and a great meal at a local brew house, "Emmetts". in West Dundee.

The next night, the dogs and I visited them at home and enjoyed pizza with the family. They really enjoyed meeting my dogs, and my pups quickly seemed at home there. I loved this visit!

We then got to listen to vinyl records! This was a treat, as my friend has a great collection and really great stereo. Yes it's old school, but was neat to hear the recordings as they whew intended. We even compared tracks from cd to records, and you can hear depth and warmth in the playback that was not present on the cd, although pops and crackles are on the records, if an older disk... It was a rare opportunity, and I really appreciated it.

Thanks again to our Wonderful West Dundee, Il hosts.!


The Traffic and Skyline of CHI town, I will visit it another time.


Great beer and food in West Dundee, IL.


Yes, a Record Player... 

Pups chillin during our listening party... 

Old School, HiFi stereo system... in a room built for it!

Crossed the ol Missisp on the way out of the area... 


Exploring our campground in IL.

PRAIRIE DOGS!!!! The pups sure love chasing them... 

No comments:

Post a Comment