Sunday, April 21, 2013

Better men than I'll ever be...

While in San Antonio, I had the honor and pleasure of meeting and hearing the stories of several Veterans, Each of them Injured. San Antonio has large VA facilities.

I want to taken moment to acknowledge those conversations, and honor those fine folks, as well as respect all who serve. (the RV repair guy from the KOA, the only other 'gringo' fella at the "crazy 8" sports bar, and those I met at 'the friendly spot, in Southtown...

Without retelling their tales, as I won't do them justice, I do want to share what was common in these men, two of them much younger than I. They all wanted to continue serving!, of not in the military, then as nurses, law enforcement, or being fine Fathers... I was in awe of each of thier commitment.

So I give a shout out and much props to the vets and service folks I met so far, and I will gladly help out, or buy a drink for those I meet moving forward.

I thank you for your service, your sacrifice, and the lessons I took from each of your  stories. 
I do promise to step up when I can, and pay it forward in you and your brother's and sisters' names.

You are better men than I will ever be...

--thanks all, I'll continue the posts and catch you all up with some pics tomorrow-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment