Friday, April 26, 2013

Austin Rocks!

What an amazing first weekend in Austin!


My Friday Night continued after i put the dogs to bed in the trailer and headed back to 6th Street for a look and listen to all the great music. 6th street is similar to other drags near college campuses like telegraph in berkeley, mill ave in tempe, or even similar in some ways to South Street, in Philly.
The Music is the obvious difference. Live music is everywhere, at almost every establishment.

My ears eventually led me to a spot called Darwin's Pub  
On stage was      Trent Turner and the Moontowers            I really enjoyed the set!  I made sure to thank him and his band, the drummer was his son. And I got his CD. Total Texas blues shredder! I was in awe of his chops, and would pay to see him if I had to....

I finished the evening doing shots at Bikinis, and then a nightcap at  Coyote Ugly...

The pics are blurry, but understand, by the time I had gotten on my way back to the trailer, everything was a bit blurry!!! 

It was a great first night in Austin,  we setup at a campground on Saturday, and have been here since. 
Plenty more fun stories and pics to share, as even with a rough week covering things at work, we got out to have some fun... Stay tuned and I'll try to update you all this weekend...

Austin Rocks!






2 comments: