Friday, January 10, 2014

Chihuly in the Garden.


Another Arizona outing to share with you all...

The desert botanical garden hosts a display of Dale Chihuly glass displays. While the garden itself is rather impressive, using it as a backdrop for these massive glass art displays is magical.

You may remember I am a fan of this medium and artist from my postings in Seattle... While Dale is considered a 'mainstream' artist and much of the work is done by his team. The size and scope of these installations is just amazing to me, and i just have not seen anything comparable in my travels. Very Cool!

I got out with my lady friend on a nice afternoon and enjoyed the vibrant and colorful installations.

Here is a series of pics, that don't quite do the displays justice. Enjoy!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment