Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blue Star Brewing in SA.


I headed out to the blue star art community, and the first microbrewery in San Antonio, blue star.

There is a restaurant and bar and the beer is served right from the big tanks. There was a lively group, which I learned were headed to the spurs game, once they departed, it got mello. My server Sahul, guided me through ten beers on the menu, and poured several tasters.

I really enjoyed the raspberry, and the barley wine. I'm not usually a fan of barley wine, but this was well rounded, toasty, and quite agreeable to my pallet.
One of the highlights of my visit was the food. The pork belly BLT was on of the best sandwiches I've had, I even took a photo after the first few bites.
After returning home, I wished I had bought a take out bottle, which is a sign of a great brewery.

The art community around the brewery is worth checking out, lots of local artisans very vibrant.








No comments:

Post a Comment