Sunday, January 19, 2014

Branchline brewing in SA


Later in the week,  me and the pups headed out in the to Branchline. This is the newest brewery in the area celebrating their 1st anniversary this month.

David assisted us, even though this year they changed tap room hours, and were not really 'open' . I met the small team of brewers, was provided a tour of the small, but efficient operation, and tried all they had to offer. The crew all was as passionate about beer as anyone I have met.

The anniversary ale they  created was quite good. My favorite, and quite unusual was the Egg nog stout. This brew was served with a nitro tap, and went down creamy, smooth, and frothy, almost dessert like, but dry and toasty ending with a pleasant aftertaste.

These are some of the most unique brews I've come across in my travels, this place is worth keeping an eye on.

I liked it enough to look for the beer in taprooms, and even found them in New Braunfels over the weekend. Check it put if in SA, thanks, Branchline! I am a fan.





No comments:

Post a Comment