Monday, June 23, 2014

Jazz on the Rocks.

Jazz on the Rocks - A Walking tour of Jazz and cocktail history...

We enjoyed this tour, even though thee weather was awful, and the guide obviously had to alter his presentation to accommodate the weather.

A great presentation and discussion of Jazz history, while taking in several bars and lounges and trying native cocktails. The tour includes listening to music from the different artists, checking out several of the oldest establishments, and a discussion in the Old Opera House, which is now a hotel.

I tried a real hurricane, a gin fizz thing, and a sazerac... (Which I now order if i want a cocktail, and to make the bartender work for it) and i think one other i don't remember - They make drinks strong in NO, and when the guide knows the bartender, even stronger, I got rather buzzed, and had to have my companion ensure we ate and got a cab home successfully. I was just along for the ride at that point! We had a meal at a Louisiana restaurant, all was great. She got me back to the RV Resort , will always be a fond memory, even if i don't remember all of it!

Will provided a great experience, we also really enjoyed the company of Jeff an Australian visitor and lover of jazz, the only other person brave enough to do the tour in the bad weather.
The tour guys that presented this tour do several, and we recommend them.

*Special Thanks again to my Lady for setting this tour up. I had a blast. 

Due to the weather, and my dissolving wits as I tried all the cocktails, We did not get very good pics.
Here are some misc Pics from the Quarter.







No comments:

Post a Comment